5 Signs You Have A Rodent Control Problem
Rats are some of the most troublesome and damaging rodents in the United States. Their feeding habits are destructive, and their nesting behaviors can compromise the structure of infested buildings. On top of that they are responsible for the transmission of many diseases.
People don’t often see rats, but signs of their presence are easy to detect. In California, the most troublesome rat species, the roof rat and the Norway rat, are an invasive species- meaning not even from here! It’s important to know which species of rat is present in order to choose effective control strategies.
5 Ways to Spot a Rat Infestation:
- Check for #2. One of the first indicators of the presence of rats is their droppings – a rat infestation in house can be determined or eliminated by a careful examination in dark corners and along baseboards for rat feces.
- Listen. Rodents aren’t what you’d call quiet. If they’re in your house, you’ll hear squeaks, rustling, and scampering sounds as they move about and nest. Noises are often more apparent at night as you’re going to bed and they’re waking up.
- Check the Pantry. Rodents come inside for 2 reasons, shelter and food. Once their inside, food becomes their priority. Check the corners of cardboard boxes and backs for small holes. Rodents can chew through plastic, so plastic bags and Tupperware -style containers do not protect food items.
- Tracks. You don’t have to be Davy Crockett to spot footprints, smears and tail swipes. these can be seen on muddy or dusty surfaces. Smears are dark grey marks left on surfaces by repeated contact with the oils in rat fur.
- Look for Holes – This seems obvious, but rodents can access your home through the tiniest spaces. These may be found in garage walls, doors, windows, near utility lines, and anywhere that two building materials meet.
Rats are well known to contaminate food, spread disease, damage property. If rats can access your attic , they can get into your home or business, and they will bring disease carrying parasites like fleas, lice and ticks with them.
Let AttiCare’s experts in Rat Control and Rodent removal protect your family. Call today for a free inspection 1-888-743-7243