#1 Professional Air Sealing Services
Air Sealing Services For Your Attic & Crawl Space
If you are spending a significant chunk of your hard-earned money on utility bills each month, shouldn’t you get the most out of the energy you pay for?
At Atticare, we consider air sealing to be the “secret sauce” for a more energy-efficient home. Sealing off the cracks and gaps around your attic, windows, air ducts and crawl space is one of the most affordable, yet effective ways to prevent air leakages which cause energy loss and inflated utility bills.
Unless energy and air transfer is causing significant discomfort, many homeowners underestimate just how much their home can benefit from comprehensive air sealing. However, if you combine all of these cracks and gaps together, it would be like having a 2×2 ft. window in your home that was constantly open!
The value of air sealing has become recognized in recent years to such an extent that states like California have even cemented them into law. According to Title 24 of the California building code, contractors are now required to air seal the attic and crawl space in new constructions as well as when they are retrofitted or insulation is removed.
Not sure if your home could benefit from professional air sealing? These signs indicate that this simple home improvement could likely help you save on energy costs and provide you with a more comfortable indoor temperature:
- Drafty rooms
- Hot and cold rooms, including uneven temperatures between rooms
- High heating or cooling bills
- Ice dams in the winter
- Dry indoor air in the winter
- Dust (especially in rooms directly below the attic)
Atticare has been in the energy efficiency business for over a decade and in that time, we have learned all the tricks to helping our clients save on energy costs and make investments in their home that will yield returns for years to come. Our team can search every last nook and cranny to seal off potential air leakages so that you can begin reaping the benefits right away!
The Benefits of Air Sealing
Beyond just making your home more energy-efficient and helping you to save on utility bills, air sealing your home also provides the following benefits:
- Improved Air Quality: Air sealing not only keeps the energy in, but it also keeps potentially harmful air contaminants that lead to asthma, allergies and other health problems out!
- Stable, Even Temperature: Tired of having to put on an extra layer in certain rooms or getting chills from random drafts? Eliminating air leakages and drafts allows your heating and cooling systems to better regulate the temperature of your home, keeping you more comfortable in every season.
- Reduced Carbon Footprint: Using less energy to heat or cool your home means you will reduce your own contribution to the pollution created in producing that energy. Air sealing is not just good for your home and your wallet, but also the planet!
The Air Sealing Process
The process of air sealing itself is actually rather simple and straightforward. We seek out cracks and gaps around your home and use foam to fill and caulk to seal them. The expertise comes with knowing where to look for air leakages and being thorough in order to eliminate as many as possible.
At Atticare, our team of attic and crawl space experts have visited thousands of different houses and through that experience, have learned how to identify and address energy loss throughout your home. To put it simply, we know exactly what we are looking for and just where to find it!
Though there are actually dozens of places throughout your home where precious energy could be escaping, here are six of the most commonly overlooked spots that could likely benefit from air sealing:
- Attics – Over 25% of the energy your home uses escapes upward. When your attic isn’t properly insulated, you may experience excessive air leakage and energy loss as a result. Air sealing can keep cold air in the warmer months and retain warm air throughout the cold season.
- Exhaust Fans and Vents – Any fans or vents that have access to the outdoors can be culprits for leaking air, but an insulation barrier can help reduce airflow and remedy the situation.
- Recessed Lighting – These types of light fixtures are sometimes put in without proper insulation, especially if they weren’t installed by a professional. We recommend that you never attempt to air seal around any electrical fixtures due to the safety risks involved.
- Attic Hatches – Since so much energy tends to escape through your attic, extra weatherstripping should be added around the frame of your attic hatch to help reduce energy loss.
- Air Ducts – Poorly sealed air ducts allow conditioned and heated air to escape to other spaces. These should always be air sealed to increase efficiency.
- Basements and Crawl Spaces – Foam sealing of pipes, electrical wires and other areas in basements and crawl spaces can help eradicate air infiltration.
Air Duct System and HVAC Vents
Electrical Wires, Pipes and Electrical Boxes
Why You Should Choose Atticare for Air Sealing
Atticare are fully licensed and insured attic and crawl space professionals with over a decade of experience helping homeowners on both US coasts to save money and create more healthy, energy-efficient home environments. We have a 98.8% satisfaction rate amongst our clientele and have been Diamond Certified because of our reputation for excellent workmanship and superior customer service.
Don’t just take it from us! Check out some testimonials from clients who worked with us and can tell you themselves.
If you are in need of a professional crawl space vapor barrier installation in Los Angeles, New York, New Jersey, or the San Francisco Bay Area, look no further than Atticare! Schedule a free consultation today by sending us a message or calling us at 1-866-692-5449.
Fill out the form below OR call us now to schedule a FREE consultation
Explore Our Resources
A Beginners’ Guide To Crawl Space Cleaning in San Leandro, California
You may have heard of crawl space cleaning or been told to have it performed in your attic, but you need to figure
Pros and Cons: A Guide To Choosing Attic Insulation Replacement
Attic insulation is something that is a necessity for the welfare of your home. It is your home’s sweater in the winter and its fan in
5 Benefits of Attic Cleaning in San Leandro, California
Americans spend about 6 hours per week cleaning their homes, but this rarely includes the attic. Attics are oft-ignored spots in our homes, places