#1 Professional Rodent Proofing Services
The Importance of Rodent Proofing Your Attic & Crawl Space
Rodents can be a menace to your home. These crafty creatures love to invade attics, crawl spaces, garages, barns and basements to nest and search for or store food. Most rodents self-regulate their population, but if they secure access to food, water and shelter, they can multiply really quickly.
For instance, a single rat can produce 12 to 17 litters a year. Each litter has an average of 10-12 babies, which means one female can be responsible for over 200 per year! If your attic or crawl space hasn’t been properly sealed off and maintained, a single invader can turn into a full rodent infestation in no time.
Rodents present serious health and safety hazards to your home and those who live within it. They are constant scavengers that eat your food and contaminate it with their urine, droppings and bacteria. This can lead to the spread of serious diseases like hantavirus pulmonary syndrome, plague, Lassa fever and salmonellosis — among others.
Rodents are also notorious for causing significant structural damage to your property. They chew insulation, air ducts, wallboards and wooden beams that support your house. After some time, you may experience saggy floors as the wooden beams become weak from the rodent bites. They even chew electric wires, which can cause fires or short your appliances and electrical system. All of these issues can lead to major repair costs and even dangerous disasters if they are left undetected and unresolved.
As attic and crawl space experts, the team at Atticare knows a thing or two about just how significant rodent damage can become. We have worked with hundreds of clients who have had rodent infestations and helped them achieve an attic and crawl space which is inaccessible and inhospitable to future invaders.
We are so confident in our rodent proofing solution that we offer our clients a 1-year warranty so you can rest assured your home stays rodent-free for the foreseeable future. If you ever spot a rodent or a sign of their existence within a year of our service, our technicians will come and seal any new access points at no additional charge.
The Benefits of Rodent Proofing
Though they may be small in size, rodents can introduce a whole array of potential problems into your home. Atticare’s one-time rodent proofing solution offers homeowners the following benefits:
- Prevent rats, mice and squirrels from entering your home
- Protect your family’s health
Subscription-free solution with zero monthly fees
- Protects against structural damage and electrical fires
- Safe for children and pets
- One-year warranty
The Rodent Proofing Process
Prior to explaining the rodent proofing process, we should inform you that Atticare is not a pest control or extermination company. We do not deal with rodent infestations. We offer rodent proofing services for your home that prevent them from returning after they have already been removed.
If your home is having rodent problems, you should contact a vetted, professional pest control company that specializes in this issue. Once they have gotten rid of the rodents, we would be happy to provide our one-time, subscription-free solution to rodent proofing and prevention.
The entire rodent proofing process consists of the following steps:
- Insulation Removal & Surface Clean – Our team will remove your current insulation as well as any dirt, debris, or other undesirable waste and dispose of it properly. Once finished, we will be able to fully examine every nook and cranny of your attic and crawl space.
- Sanitization & Decontamination – We use industrial cleaning equipment to eliminate fungi, germs, mold, mildew and bacteria. Once airborne, these contaminants can lead to respiratory issues, bacterial disease, viral disease and more being harbored and spread after-the-fact. Our trained team will make sure your home is 100% free from contamination, bacteria, and odor. All of these cleaning measures make the space unappealing and inhospitable to rodents.
- Rodent Proofing – If we notice any potential rodent entrances during the removal and cleaning processes, we can construct blockades that keep them out of your home in a safe, effective way. These blockades are made out of wire mesh and foam and do not include any chemicals, so they are safe for both the rodent itself as well as you, your family and pets. Our solution also comes with a 1-year warranty for your peace of mind.
- Air Sealing – Our team will fill and caulk any gaps between the attic and living space to prevent precious energy from escaping upward, making your home more energy-efficient. This measure is now required by California’s Title 24 building code whenever a contractor removes insulation.
- Insulation Installation – Once your attic or crawl space are clean and sealed, our insulation experts can reinstall your insulation or work with you to find an insulation well suited to the structure of the space as well as your budget.
Why You Should Choose Atticare for Rodent Proofing
Atticare are fully licensed and insured rodent proofing professionals with over a decade of experience helping homeowners on both US coasts to save money and achieve more safe, rodent-free home environments. We have a 98.8% satisfaction rate amongst our clientele and have been Diamond Certified because of our reputation for excellent workmanship and superior customer service.
Don’t just take it from us! Check out some testimonials from clients who worked with us and can tell you themselves.
If you are in need of professional rodent proofing services in Los Angeles, New York, New Jersey, or the San Francisco Bay Area, look no further than Atticare! Schedule a free consultation today by sending us a message or calling us at 1-866-692-5449.
Explore Our Resources
What’s the benefit of energy efficient upgrades to your home? Is it really worth it? And why energy efficient appliances? Green updates are vital if
Looking for an insulation contractor to upgrade your attic or crawl space? Or maybe you’re wondering which insulation to buy. The good news is that